So it’s the school summer holidays and it’s that challenging time of the year (well – all of this year has been a challenge hasn’t it?) when a lot of parent’s are faced with the task of juggling childcare with work commitments. To be honest – as a woman, it’s just another thing that I add to my guilty parent list. Trying to fit in working with some form of ‘activity’ that doesn’t involve staring at a screen for 6 hours is hard work.
Yesterday, I clocked up 22,000 steps (shout out to me there 😊) but I didn’t get a single opportunity to write anything – so I’m on writing catch up today whilst my loving daughter has been entertained by someone else 👌. As yesterday was so full on, I felt a sense of pride at being able to whip up this one pot wonder – Salmon and Prawn Risotto. Just one pan and a wooden spoon to lovingly stir. Gold star award to me (in the form of a Gin and Tonic).
So here’s what you need and what you have to do. As with a lot of my recipes – you can add or leave out items according to your tastebuds. Give it a go.
- Arborio Rice
- Chicken or Fish Stock (I use Chicken)
- Skinless Salmon cut into chunks
- Uncooked Prawns
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Chop the onion and gently fry in some olive oil until translucent
- Add the arborio rice and continue to fry
- Turn up the heat and add some of the stock. It should make a ice sizzle sound. Turn down the heat.
- Keep stirring the rice whilst it’s absorbing the liquid. Once it looks like it has it’s time to repeat with more stock. Make sure the stock is hot.
- Keep going with this process until it looks like the rice is almost cooked. It’s now time to add the salmon and prawns.
- Keep stirring until they are cooked and the rice has also absorbed the liquid. Add the spinach (if you’re having).
- Add the cream.
- Add the parmesan
- Ta Dah! Serve and Enjoy