This is another one-pot wonder from ‘Tasty’ and definitely one to try! I can’t emphasise enough how delicious it is and yet so easy. It’s a rich and creamy dish that you can cook all in one pot! (including the pasta) – just make sure it’s a good-sized to that you use.
We love pasta in our house and this one was a winner with everyone. The masala wine really adds a depth of flavour.
So – when you fancy something a little bit of indulgence but don’t want to be cooking all night long – make this your go-to dish. You won’t regret it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast(680 g), cut into chunks
- 2 cups white mushroom(150 g), or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock (720 mL)
- 1 ½ cups double cream (360 mL)
- 1 cup marsala wine(240 mL)
- 3 cups penne pasta(300 g), uncooked
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese or gruyere cheese …or both 😊 (100 g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat 2 large tablespoons of oliver oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add diced chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, and the mushrooms and onion. Cook until onions are browned, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Add the stock, cream, wine, and pasta, bring up to a simmer, and cover.
- *Marsala wine can be purchased at most supermarkets bu if you can’t find it – you can use dry Sherry.
- Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When pasta is tender, stir in the cheese until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!